Sager Metal is NOW Hiring!
Please send all resumes to email@example.com
Since 1976, Sager Metal Strip Company has designed and manufactured custom conveying equipment for customers and industries around the world. Sager offers a complete line of mechanical conveyors, air conveyors, vacuum and magnetic conveyors, air track, gravity track, cable conveyor, and oil-mist eliminators. Our commitment to our customers is the reason why some of the best-known companies in the world rely on Sager conveyors and equipment.
Build and maintain assemblies and drawings in a SolidWorks, solid modeling environment. Follow company standards for product data management. Support Engineers, Project Managers, Senior Mechanical CAD Designers, and product development efforts. Aid Production efforts through effective communication, documentation, and validation of design specifications. Work under the direction of the Engineering Director.
- Follow the procedures and process of CAD in a SolidWorks and PDM environment.
- Create and submit CAD designs for approval.
- Communicate with project managers and managers on an ongoing basis
- Control multiple work assignments and established priorities.
- Conversion of CAD models to CAM programs.
- Read and understand Plant layouts and Project scopes.
- Support Project Managers and product development efforts.
- Aid production efforts through effective communication, documentation.
- Communicate with employees and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology is preferred.
- Experience in a solid modeling environment preferred.
- Familiarity with PDM software preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office software.
- Working Level competency of SolidWorks in a 3D modeling environment preferred.
- Working level competency of AutoCAD/DraftSight software.
- Experience or proficient knowledge of metal fabrication processes (sheet metal, machined stock, wire and tubing, welding, forming, CNC/CAM technology).
- Exceptional mechanical aptitude.
Experience in conveyance, package handling, or can manufacturing is highly desirable.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that maybe preformed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.